Western Governors University (WGU) is one of the largest universities in the U.S. with 40,000 students. An online, non-profit university, WGU was founded by the governors of 19 U.S. states and offers accredited online bachelors and masters degrees.
When applying for WGU, thousands of students work with financial aid to determine eligibility for scholarships, loans and other aid. Students and financial aid employees need to quickly and securely share confidential information to complete this process.
However, the volume of applicants coupled with the need for security was holding up the department and delaying their ability to award aid.
- Create custom webpages that allow students and authorized financial aid employees to upload and share confidential information
- Use a solution to scan all paper documents and quickly route them through WGU’s financial aid department
- Develop a web application to share documents between the existing Banner SIS (student information system) and a new OnBase Electronic Document Management system
- Digitally link financial aid documents in WGU’s SIS with applications in admissions
Now prospective students can identify and easily upload financial aid documents securely through the WGU website while employees quickly and accurately organize all submissions. Awarding financial aid earlier allows prospective students to accurately assess their higher education options and ultimately choose WGU to achieve their education and career goals.
““I’m really pleased with DoxTek…The three words that come to mind are knowledgeable, responsive and accountable.”
– Western Governors University, Executive